Chicken Ceasar Salad... Triple L style (LaLaLovely)

February 16, 2010   
This week I've been inspired to cook, rather than to do any sort of homework I have for my classes... whoops. It gets done, dont worry! But at the last minute... Maybe I went to school for the wrong thing?
Anywho, I have a REALLY EASY recipe for a chicken ceasar salad. You don't have to go to a restaurant to get it tasting good either. It's not the healthiest of salads, but it is mighty tasty, and since there is a lot of green, that makes it healthier right? :)
Chicken Ceasar for one
1 chicken breast
2 cups of lettuce
1 handful of any kind of shredded cheese you like
1 small handful of crutons
Ceasar Dressing
SEASONING for the CHICKEN:
I honestly use whatever I feel like at that time, but almost always I put salt, pepper, and garlic powder on it.
Examples: dried herbs - rose mary, thyme, oregano, parsley.
Lemon pepper seasoning,
tumeric or paprika
onion powder


Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Spray with pam or drizzle with olive oil.
Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken.
Liberally season both sides of chicken
Cook at 350 - 400 degrees for about 15 minutes ( I have a small crappy oven, so cooking time will most likely vary)
In the mean time, roughly chop lettuce and place in bowl.
Sprinkle cheese and croutons on top.
Once chicken is done, take out of oven and dice the chicken. (I let it sit for a few minutes to cool off)
Toss ontop of Salad and drizzle with the dressing and PRESTO.. an easy lunch OR dinner! :)

Often times I bake a few chicken breasts the night before and chop them up, throw them in tupperware and keep it in the fridge for the week. It's sooo easy and this salad is probably one of my favorites. I think it even tastes better then most restaurants.
If you are snowed in, stay warm! DONT DRIVE if you don't have to please!

-Night y'all!
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment