Date Night Dinner

February 22, 2010   
I have a really simple recipe for a date night meal. Heck, I'd probably make it for myself any day of the week, or for entertaining guests! I made it for my boyfriends birthday a while back and it was a hit.
Spaghetti with Grape Tomatoes & Clams (you could easily use cherry tomatoes too!)

1 box of thick spaghetti (or whatever pasta your prefer
1 pint of grape tomatoes
1 TBS of extra virgin olive oil
48 cockles of clams (or 1 can/jar of clams if you don't want the shells)
4 cloves of garlic
½ cups fresh parsley – chopped
10 anchovy fillets
1 bunch of scallions
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Parmesan cheese to garnish


Boil pasta. Add extra virgin olive oil to deep skillet. Then add chopped garlic, red pepper, and anchovies (don’t be scared, they dissolve and add amazing flavor!). Stir for 5 minutes or until anchovies melt.

Add tomatoes and season with pepper. Turn to medium/high heat. Cook until tomatoes burst (about 7 minutes). Add clams and cover until they open (3 minutes).

Discard unopened ones. Stir in parsley and scallions. Fold in pasta and season with salt. 

If you don't like the shells you can always take the clams right out too. I think they add a nice presentation and I personally don't mind them in the dish! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. 
Even if you don't like seafood, try adding broccoli, mushrooms, onions, or any other veggie and I think it will be equally as delicious!

Enjoy
-Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment