Rosemary, tomatoes, parsley... oh my!

April 10, 2010   
The other day I bought some seeds packets and this little mini greenhouse to start seedlings. Last year I attempted to grow a few herbs, but never from the seeds, and they all died.

THIS year I am going to try to grow a nice variety of things from herbs to veggies. I'd rather grow my own food, rather than buying it from the grocery store. You never know where it comes from, or what is on it, or how it was grown. That is scary to me. We eat things without knowing any of this, and we are so willing to just put it in our mouths and into our bodies. YUCK!

Being a new gardener, I'm not sure if this method is going to work, but I'm willing to try.
This is the kit I bought:
For the seeds I bought rosemary, catnip, lavender, heirloom tomatoes, and parsley.
There are so many other things I want to start growing, but I don't have a lot of space, and I think these are good startup plants! :)

I can't wait until they start to grow! I will keep you updated and post pictures when they sprout!

Be on the lookout for a delicious QUICHE RECIPE! & I have another soup recipe. I know what your thinking, soup??! But trust me, it's another really easy one and it's a good quick meal to make for dinner!

~ Laura

(click photos for source)

0 comments:

Post a Comment