Fiesta!

December 29, 2009   
Hola amigos!
I hope everyone had wonderful holiday festivities and are ready to welcome the new year! I send warm, positive and healthy thoughts to all! I have two recipes to share, both are the same thing done two different ways. They are a definite crowd pleasers and even good for a nice snack or a game day appetizer....



Laura's Taco Dip (Two ways)

Numero Uno:
-8oz of cream cheese
- Taco seasoning ( just a few tablespoons)
-Salsa (I like using hot!)
- Guacamole (you can buy premade guac either next to the salsa or in the produce at the grocery store)
-Mexican shredded Cheese
-Lettuce (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- Tomato (diced)
- Jalapeno (diced )
- Black Olives are optional, I personally do not use them.

Make sure Cream cheese is near room temperature and mix taco seasoning into it.
in a platter type dish spread a layer of the cream cheese mix.
Now layer Salsa, Guacamole, and a layer of cheese.
Next layer lettuce, red onion, tomato, and jalapeno and if you are using black olives. I then sprinkle another small layer of cheese. Serve immediately or put in fridge. Serve with tortilla chips. (Right from the fridge the cream cheese will be hard so I reccomend that spoons work best for this dip)

Numero Dos:
- 1 can of refried beans
- Taco seasoning
- Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Guacamole
- Shredded mexican cheese
- Lettuce (chopped)
- Tomato(diced)
- Red Onion(diced)
- Jalapeno(Diced)
- Olives optional

Mix 1/2 cup of salsa with refried beans and spread on a platter.
Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and layer ontop of bean mix.
Layer Guacamole, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno and olives. and some more cheese. Serve with tortilla chips!

**Both dips can be cooked in the oven before serving if desires. I personally do not like doing this and I would reccomend putting the lettuce on after cooking**

Enjoy them because I could probably eat both of these everyday for the rest of my life they are DELICIOUS.

On another note, I saw an amazing movie the other night:

If you have not seen it you MUST before it comes out on DVD. AND go see it in IMAX  3D. You will not get the same intensity if you do not see it this way. I loved it and I want to see it another 5 times! It is so artistically, visually, and intensely beautiful. It is very intense and the special effects and action blew me away.

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!
 Laura


0 comments:

Post a Comment