Cookiedough Cheesecake bars.... these are DANGEROUS

December 14, 2009   
Bonjour!!!
So I finaly watched this movie:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I think I had a smile on my face for most of the movie. It made me laugh, and reminded me of myself alot. It also makes me want to go out and cook every recipe in Julia Childs cookbook now. Maybe I will cook some of them, but not all. Maybe I can achieve that in my lifetime, one year is nuts.
Finals week has come to a start, and I don't have finals until tomorrow. One of them is my ceramics final, we are showing off all of our best pieces we made this year, and we each have to bring in a food dish, and put it in one of the pieces we made. I thought this idea was really fun!
I decided to made Cookiedough Cheesecake bars. A girl at work brought these in one time and they were amazing, so I concocted up my own version. They are actually in the oven as I type. I will post the recipe even though I have not tried them yet, but I have a feeling they will be delicious! The recipe is super easy, I think anyone could make it.

Cookiedough Cheese Cake Bars

1 32oz package of chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package of gram crackers (I actually used honey teddy grams)
10oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
5 TBS butter (to make the crust)
mini chocolate chips (optional)
1 TBS Vanilla extract

Prepare the crust first (I set my oven to 300 - 325 degrees F (my oven sucks, there is no timer and you can't actually tell which degree it's set to)
Butter a 9″ square baking pan. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving enough to extend over the sides. Butter the parchment paper. I used foil because I did not have parchment paper.
Melt 5 TBS of butter and crush up the gram crackers or teddy grams.
Mix together and press at the bottom of the pan, and up a little on the sides of the pan.
Cook for about 6 minutes
PREPARE the cheesecake filling. Combine 10 oz of cream cheese and sugar in mixer. Blend well. Add one egg and 1TBS of vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
Once the crust is done, take out and let cool before adding cheesecake filling. When the crust was cool I sprinkled it with the mini chocolate chips.
Spread the cheese cake mix evenly over crust.
I used my hands for this because it was easier, dollop the cookie down all over the top of the cheesecake filing so it's an even layer.
Pop into oven for about 25 minutes. I checked often because of my finicky oven.
Let cool completely, and cut into squares, best served at room temp
You can also drizzled melted chocolate over the top if you would like for nice visual effects ( I didn't because that would be a chocolate overload for me)

I don't have a picture of mine because my camera doesn't have batteries,  but I will attach one soon. In the meantime I will post a picture from google:



I also have a monkey bread recipe that will be up soon! And I have an obvious confession, Matt never got around to posting his Chili recipe. I will have to be on him about that! He never wrote it up, I should just have him verbally tell me what it is and I will type it up! It was really good and I was really proud of him for making it!

CHRISTMAS is coming so soooon and I am going to give alot of handmade gifts. I do think that they are more special and it really comes from the heart. Food gifts will also be given from me too! I have a few fun ideas.
I'll let you know how these bars taste and I hope my class likes them!

(Channeling my inner Juila Child)
BON APPETIT!

*** THEY CAME OUT DELECTABLE! TRY THE RECIPE ASAP! I'd add a few more minutes to the cook time though so the center cooks more, unless you like it gooey!***

0 comments:

Post a Comment