January 26, 2010   
So, as we know it, I did not post everyday for one week! I got caught up in a lot of other things and I've lost some inspiration to make up new recipes, even though my recipes are really easy. :-/
I will make an easier goal, since classes are going to start... to post at least once a week. That's doable right?

One thing I want to do with this blog is post some other things other than cooking. I do like being crafty, and I want 2010 to bring that out in me. I just need to find the motivation to accomplish this. I really would like to share some of my art, and maybe some DIY (do it yourself) ideas. I'd also like to share musical influences and fashion ideas. I know this sounds like a lot, but these are all things that consume my interests and I think it will help me blog and write more. Primarily, I will be posting recipes, cooking ideas and tips that I find, so fear not! THE RECIPES WILL KEEP COMIN'

I am going to start with music. I have recently discovered Joss Stone:

She has a soulful voice, and I am definitely drawn to soul music, new and old. I wonder why she hasn't worked with any huge people in the business because I think she could really make some good hits.

getting off track...
Does anyone make food for the superbowl? even if you don't watch it? I certainly use this as a day to eat good food, drink a little and relax!
Some recipes that I will definitely be making is my taco dip! The recipe is on a few posts back if you would like to find it. This dip is delicious and perfect for this.
Here I have a drink recipe, it's seriously one of my favorites and I can't wait to make it for game day.
Ginger Shandies (adapted from food&wine)

3 bottles of Hoegaarden beer
1 bottle of ginger beer, usually found in the organic section
1 thinly sliced lemon
mint sprigs for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher & garnish with mint sprigs.

If you can't find Hoegaarden beer, then any Belgian white beer would work too!
<3 Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment