Chicken Quesadillas

January 20, 2010   
Day 4! I'm doing good. only three more posts for one week!

Last night I made chicken Quesadillas for dinner and they were divine! I think they are one of my favorite foods. I have a pretty simple recipe that doesn't take too  long to make.

Laura's Dillas


for two people I use 2 - 3 good sized chicken breasts
1 chopped onion
1 diced pepper
shredded cheese
salt
pepper
chili powder
(or you could use a little taco seasoning)
jalapeños (optional)
1 tbs Olive Oil
Tortillas (if using the big ones, for two people, i'd use 4) (if using the smaller ones I'd use 6 or 8)
sour cream
salsa
guacamole
hotsauce (optional)


Preheat over to 350. In a large skillet add 1 tbs of olive oil and saute onions and peppers over medium  heat.
Add chicken and spices and cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
In a seperate skillet at 1 tbs of butter or oil and throw in one of the tortillas. 
Brown both sides. This should only take about a minute or less for each side.
Repeat until each tortilla is done. You may need to add more butter or oil for each tortilla.
Set the tortillas aside. (this process guarantees the quesadillas will hold up and give it a nice crunch.
Next on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprayed with pam or greased with whatever, start to build your quesadillas.
Layer cheese, if using jalapeños layer them on  (I don't cook them with the chicken mix so the heat isn't over bearing)
Next layer the chicken mixture and another layer of cheese and top with tortilla shell.
Place the quesadillas in the oven and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes, until the cheese is nicely melted.
Once you take them out of the oven, cut them into nice triangles with a pizza cutter.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, guacamole, and whatever else you like!

Even though I had these for dinner last night, I could totally have them again! This is making me hungry!!

<3 Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment