What a week

May 16, 2010   
Sorry I haven't posted in about a week! It's finals this week and I'm moving out of my apartment at school, I have to be out by Saturday :( YUCK
I've been busy trying to pack and get work done for finals.. it's stressful and I can't wait until it's over!!

I'm going to share one of my favorite munchie recipes..
Spinach Artichoke Dip! I looove this stuff sooo much, but I only have it on rare occasions. I've had the store-bought kind before and that stuff just doesn't live up to the homemade dip! As usual, I think this is super easy to make, and an awesome appetizer to make for gatherings!
I may have to make this for a late night study session snack this week...
LaLa's Spinach Artichoke Dip (baked in the oven)

1 package of chopped frozen spinach (thawed)
1 jar or can of artichoke hearts (roughly chopped)
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.. sometimes I use the shredded kind!
6 oz of cream cheese (mixes better at room temp.)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350
Take the thawed spinach and squeeze out any excess water with your hands.
Toss into a bowl along with the artichoke hearts that you roughly chopped.

Add the mayo, cream cheese, and seasonings. Mix well.

In a casserole dish, add the mixture and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.

Serve with pita chips or tostitos!
ENJOY!!!

On a side note.. I made cupcakes this weekend, and they came out super tasteyyy! I do need to work on my frosting skills, (i'm a better cook than baker!) So I'll save the pics until I get better at it...
for now I will leave you with some cupcake eyecandy:

^ I had to add this last one, because I am totally going to have a cupcake for breakfast tomorrow!! :-x

xo Laura

source:weheartit

3 comments:

Sarah said...

a muffin is just a bald cupcake...

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Mmmm....spinach artichoke dip and cupcakes? Your post is making me hungry!!

Laura said...

Sarah - this is very true! ahhahah I will always love that saying.
Alli - I know, I'm sorry!! :-p it's a delicious overload! haha!

Post a Comment