Smoothie Pops

June 23, 2010   
I made these delicious Smoothie Pops the other day because I wanted a Popsicle and we didn't have any...
These are wayyy healthier and I think taste better then the high fructose corn syrup ones at the grocery store.

I went to the store and found this lovely guy for 2 or 3 bucks! I had to get it:


Smoothie Pops - Strawberry Banana

1 banana
4 strawberries (I use frozen ones)
1/4 cup of milk (I think coconut milk would be awesome for this!)
3/4 cup of yogurt (I used vanilla but any flavor would be good!)
*a few ice cubs if you choose

In a blender, combine all ingredients until smooth
Fill each mold until about the top, add topper and freeze until solid
*to get out of the mold, let sit for a few minutes 
** OH AND p.s.... this might make a little extra smoothie.. so just put it in a cup and enjoy!

So you could totally use any smoothie combo for this, and be creative and come up with fun ones... or even ice cream ones!
A quick list of suggestions: Mango Raspberry...Avocado Kiwi!... Blueberry/Blackberry.. coconut, pineapple, mango... The possibilities are endless. & if you aren't a milk person... leave it out.. substitute it with JUICE!

I don't have any pics of the end results because my family ate them all on me! But here are some I found on google images:

I hope you enjoy these on a nice hot day!

~ Laura

Oh & p.p.s.. I updated some facts in the About Me section!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! It's always fun finding people from NH who do the same thing you do, mostly because a lot of the time it feels like there aren't a lot.
I have a couple friends around here who blog, but they kind of do it as a passing fancy.
But, I'm happy to say you now have a new blog follower. :)

P.S., I really want a smoothie pop now, so I'm going to have to check the dollar store sometime for popsicle molds. xD

Laura said...

Thanks so much.. and for you as well, you have a new follower too! :)
& I guarantee the dollar store has them!

Ashley said...

looks yummy! Quick I need to buy a blender!

Kim-Anh Nguyen said...

mhh yummi! i would love to try coconut and pineapple!

Laura said...

Ashley- invest in one of those bullet blenders! They are magical! haha
Kim-Anh - coconut & pineapple is amazingg!

Amy Rose said...

Hey there! So glad you found me! Thank you for the compliment on my blog! And I just wanted to say how excited I am that you too are into healthy local organic food and natural medicines! I am HUGE into that stuff as well!

These smoothie pops look incredible! So excited to be blogging buddies!
: )

Cherry Red Studio said...

those look so yummy. i just got frozen peaches today to make smoothies with! and the other day i made frozen coffee pops in my little popsicle molds-theyre just like yours....o and do you have a magic bullett? do they really do what they say on tv? i WANT one sooooo bad lol

Laura said...

Amy Rose - I am happy to have found your blog! and I am glad I have found someone else who is into that stuff! I feel where I am from it's kind of a sensitive subject.. we will have to share tips!

CherryRed- the coffee ones sound delish! my body isn't too good with caffine, but i'll have to get caffine free!...
and YES the magic bullet thing works! I was skeptical at first but for smoothies its a PERFECT serving! :)

Amy Seager said...

Yum yum! They look delicious!

Love AImee
x

Post a Comment