Inspiration-less

November 17, 2009   

Hello! It has been a while, yesss I know! As of lately I havent been cooking much different things. But I am hoping that once Thanksgiving comes around I will be inspired once again to start cookin in the kitchen! I have however discovered some food related things that I have enjoyed lately, they are REALLY simple and some of you may already do this, but it's to put Pomegranate seeds in your salad! They add beautiful crunch, color, and a little burst of flavor in your mouth. I actually just decided to add them to the salad because I didn't have any nuts and BELIEVE ME! These are a wonderful alternative if you need that crunch.

Also something so simple I came across and I will share, even if you may already know this, but I was making mashed potatoes and I realized I didn't have any milk, so I grabbed a few table spoons of sour cream and a little bit of H2O and of course butter, and I honestly could not tell the difference. So just incase you ever forget the milk, don't forget that sour cream!

Here is a simple recipe with pomegranate seeds, that I made up, I did add nuts also for EXTRA crunch. You can mix and match whatever vegetables and cheeses you want in your salad!
Give pomegranate seeds a try, I'm sure you will love em in your salads just as much as I do!

1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
1/2 cup of sweet bell pepper
AND THIS DRESSING IS AMAZING:



Xo Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment