Chefography

August 18, 2010   
I guess when I set features for myself I can never keep them! haha except for fashion friday of course.
This is semi amusing to me. So, sorry if you looked forward to any of them, if not then I guess it doesn't matter!!

I decided that I will do a MONTHLY wine post. 
I mean who was I kidding, I do not buy a bottle of wine every week. At least, at this point in my life I don't. However, I have tried my fair share of wine, and I would still love to do reviews so I can keep track of them.
So I think a month to month wine feature sounds good to me :)

I also haven't done chefography in a while either! hah! What a bad blogger I am.

Well, today is your lucky day because I am going to feature a new chef.

Aarti Sequeria

This lovely lady just won The Next Food Network Star!
I was rooting for her from the start and I am so glad that she won.
The cool thing about her is that she was originally a food blogger!
Here is the link: http://www.aartipaarti.com
Age: 31
Born: Bombay, India
She also enjoys improv, art galleries, and music!

I'm going to share with you one of her recipes... I have not made it yet, but it's definitely on my list soon... maybe this weekend! Her 8 week Food Network show airs this Sunday,  I'm excited to see how it turned out!

Mango Chutney, Prosciutto and Paneer "Pizza"

Ingredients


1/2 cup tomato paste 
2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney (recommended: Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney) 
1 clove garlic, minced 
1/2 cup water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/2 cup crumbled paneer cheese* or queso fresco
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 
1 large green onion, finely chopped 
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin 
A glug extra-virgin olive oil 
4 frozen naan bread (recommended: Trader Joe's)* 
4 slices prosciutto, torn 

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. 

In a small saucepan, combine the tomato paste, mango chutney, minced garlic, and water over medium heat, until well combined.

Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes and then remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside. 

In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, paneer, red pepper flakes, cilantro, green onion, ground cumin and extra-virgin olive oil.

Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add more red pepper flakes if you like it spicy! 

Arrange the naans on a cookie sheet. Divide the tomato-mango chutney sauce evenly among the naans, spreading to coat the top.

Evenly divide the cheese mixture among the naans.
Throw in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisped around the edges.

Meanwhile, tear the prosciutto into small pieces. When the pizzas are ready, top them with the fresh prosciutto. Cut each naan into 4, and serve!

I seriously can't wait to make this recipe, it looks delicious! I'll let you know how it turns out!


xo Laura

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I love Aarti! I was rooting for her, too!
I was on the phone while I was watching the finale, and I freaked out my friend when she won because I started like yelling and stuff. Lol.

Laura said...

ahh I'm glad someone else watched it tooo! I wanted her to win from the start.. i'm excited to learn some new indian recipes! :)

Sarah said...

I loved her too! Although I had a soft spot for Tom because he was such a scrub!

Cherry Red Studio said...

gah i wish i had cable!!

Missed Periods said...

Naan pizzas are the best.

Laura said...

sarah - tom was hilarious. he was so grungy but he made me laugh!
CRS - cable is corrupt! I just watch food channels anyways.. and glee and project runway haha.. but you can watch those online ;o)
Missed Periods- yesss I love naan bread so much! I want to make my own.. i heard it was easy.. I will have to get a recipe up!

Amy Acorn said...

i love sweet mango chutney, yum x

Post a Comment